Future Projects - Saskatoon 54 & 62
Saskatoon 62 near 24 Street on August 1, 1950
© Foster M. Palmer
Saskatoon 62 was the last factory new car delivered to the Saskatoon Municipal Railway. The first 4 new cars (Saskatoon 50-53) were built in 1927 by National Steel Car Corporation in Hamilton and 9 more cars of the same design followed from the Ottawa Car Company in 1928 (Saskatoon 54-57) and 1929 (Saskatoon 58-62). These double truck steel framed streetcars improved riding comfort tremendously; they stayed in service until abandonment of the Saskatoon streetcar system in November 1951. Saskatoon 54 (steel body) and 62 (aluminium paneling) are both in our collection and will be used for the operational reconstruction of one car.