Programs can be arranged on an individual basis or for groups. There is much to learn during a visit to the Strathcona Streetcar Barn & Museum when you book a ride on the High Level Bridge Streetcar.
Educational Programming can be tailored for specific groups based on different interests and ages (e.g. school classes, seniors or streetcar enthusiasts).
- The evolution of streetcars from horse drawn cars to modern Light Rail vehicles.
- The history of the street railway era of public transportation in Edmonton.
- Route maps showing the development of Edmonton's streetcar system.
- The construction and history of the High Level Bridge.
- Pictures of unusual Edmonton streetcars - library and observation cars, snow sweeper cars, water sprinkler cars, freight cars.
- The everyday life of a motorman.
- Fares charged and tickets used during the streetcar era.
- How streetcars work and run.
- Electricity and its associated hazards (especially important for school groups).
- Safety around railways and streetcars (especially important for school groups).